GLC's 2009 Open House
at Noblet Field Station
and Memorial Plaque Dedication
On August 15, Barb and John Noblet of Escanaba attended the GLC Open House at the Noblet Field Station. A memorial plaque including the names of many friends of GLC and Gratiot Lake residents was installed at the Field Station and dedicated that afternoon.
John Noblet, a grandson of U.J. “Bert” and Gladys Noblet told the group assembled some of the history of the family that built the cabin and enjoyed from the late 1940’s through the 60’s. It is now the Noblet Field Station which houses a number of Conservancy activities each year.
Marie Celona led a rock painting activity in which many Open House visitors participated.